Monday 30 June 2008

Euro 2008 -My Golden 11


After a great tournament in Austria and Switzerland, here's my best Eleven.

Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon - kept his side in it with an amazing penalty save in the pulsating match with Romania and looked the best of a very weary Italian lot.

Right Back - Bosingwa - Chelsea's new signing looked very exciting tearing up the flank.

Left Back - Russia's Zhirkov - again not exactly a defensive left back, but his brilliant attacking runs means he edges out Giovanni van Bronckhorst for me.

Central Defence - I'm going with Carlos Marchena and Sergio Ramos - yes, I know that Ramos played right back, but he is also an accomplished centre-half and his great all round play gets him in there ahead of a fairly drab selection of other central defenders.

Midfielders: Iniesta, Deco, Sneider and Turkey's Arda Turan - yes no Xavi. That's right.

Up Front: Easy really - David Villa and Andrei Arshavin.

What do you think?

No comments: