Thursday 20 May 2004

Meet Laura Marney

Walking into a Glasgow Bookstore yesterday I was met by a sign inviting me to 'Meet Laura Marney' nothing unusual about that, unless that particular person happened to go nuts on you just about a year beforehand.

To be effectively dumped by 'one of Scotland’s best-kept literary secrets' is an odd experience. It still causes me to groan whenever I see her coupon in a newspaper.

You can read the synopsis and pre-order her forthcoming novel here.

I'm sure her book'll be very good and have her on the pages of all serious newspapers and literary magazines. I'm quite sure I didn't make a big enough impression to feature in the sequel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tom, when you click on that link, you get a picture of hilary clinton's coupon. crazy accident or did you bang the ex-president's wife last year?

Tom said...

Aye, it's just the main page. I'll change the link to the appropriate page.