Wednesday 5 December 2007

The Lion Ate Bambi

This was the main story in the early edition of the Evening Times today. It made me laugh.

Basically the big advertising screen on George Square showed a trailer for I Am Legend. In it a deer gets eaten by a lion. There appears to be no evidence that any children were traumatised by this, though the Evening Times suggests otherwise.

I love that the 'passerby' insisted he remain anonymous.

One passerby, who asked not to be named, said he was shocked by the images. He added: "I just happened to look up and got the fright of my life.

"Will Smith was watching this deer graze and then suddenly out of nowhere comes this lion. You think you're watching an almost pastoral scene with this cuddly little deer, then this thing zooms across the screen and suddenly the deer gets devoured in one gulp.

No comments: