Tuesday 10 January 2006

More Endless Art

When I was researching a new YOMG sketch earlier on I decided to look for the lyrics to 'More Endless Art' by the Irish band A House. I found this nice page. If you don't know, 'Endless Art' was a single the band released in I think about 1992. It featured mostly the names of dead artists and their dates.

I used it in my video production class at college, when I made a film about the Glasgow Underground that featured Kelvingrove Art Galleries. We, quite by chance managed to match the lyric 'Masters of their arts Claude Monet 1840 to 1926' to a Monet painting.

Anyway it was pointed out to the band that 'Endless Art' featured no females, so they went about recording an all female version in 'More Endless Art'. Amusingly as that post points out two of the females featured were alive at the time of the recording and one of them is still alive today. The post includes links to all of the artists' pages on Wikipeida.

If you dunno who A House were you can find out all about them at the page of singer Dave Couse's new band Dave Couse and the Impossible. There's also this fansite.

No comments: