Thursday 10 May 2007

T-Break Showcase

For the last three nights I’ve been in King Tut’s to see the T-Break Showcases. I was there to review them for a magazine called Artrocker.

The showcases were for unsigned bands. A judging panel selects 12 bands to play on the T Break stage at this year’s T in the Park. With 6 bands playing every night you may expect one or two duffers, but the standard was pretty high.

Over the three nights my favourites were The Little Kicks, Little Doses, Radars and Theatre Fall. You can hear some mp3s on their websites or you can go to the T-Break site to hear songs from all 48 bands on over the week in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I’ve got some photographs from across all three nights or you can look at James Cadden’s much better photographs from last night’s show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you've been made redundant??? No info blog on that?

Tom said...

You've not been keeping up with your 'Pish Ben. The Redundy Post can be found here. Did you enjoy the photos though?

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mr Tom, I've been naughty... The pics were great. Here I was thinking it's day old news, little did I know it's 3 weeks old! I'll have to increase my pish time.