Monday 18 July 2005

Another Triumph


As you’ll have no doubt read on Tom’s post, this was a weekend of Glue, and has to be rated as another positive step. Two good audiences, although Sunday’s was better than Saturday’s, and we got good feedback on a number of fronts from broadening out what we write about to that thorny problem of what to give the audience when we’re away getting changed.

My favourite moments have to be Tom’s cracking “Bad News Strippers” sketch which brought the house down both nights, his vital goal-line clearance when my tash fell off last night and losing my shit when Dazza walked on in the pants. Despite the fact that I primarily wrote the sketch and had seen Darran in his outfit a couple of times, his nonchalant wink and “Awright mate?” knocked my composure aw away tae fuck.

The star of the show seems to have been Bertie, our jaded bunny rabbit kids TV favourite. Loads of folk listed him as their favourite character, which means my career in puppetry looks like being extended rightly or wrongly.

As Tom says, more Glue is tentatively planned for September and we’ll be once again looking at organising things better and getting all the glue crew more involved in what we get up to.

All in all, not a bad weekend considering these were our third and fourth gigs and I had a great time performing the stuff.

No comments: