Tuesday 19 July 2005

Mexican Food and Rock 'n' Roll

After dinner at Driftwood, Jo and I went with Darran and Heather to see The Raveonettes at King Tuts. (Good to see Dazza with trousers on.) I think out of us all I was the only one who had really heard them previously.

Anyway I thought they were fantastic. They really rocked and even although they didn’t play Beat City they didn’t really have anything that was weak. Heartbreak Stroll, My Tornado, That Great Love Sound and Somewhere in Texas were among them.

Jo and Heather both really liked them, Darran claims he needs to hear ‘some studio stuff’ before committing and on the way out Alasdair, who was also there, told me he wasn’t that keen on them. Though he has now put that down to perhaps being too close to the speakers. But like I say for me they were terrific.

Although there were five people on stage I spent the whole gig craning my neck to see as much of Sharin Foo as possible. She is so much more of a Goddess in the flesh than in photographs.

No comments: