Friday 8 July 2005

Rock 'n' Roll for Free

Last night I went to see Brendan Benson at Virgin on Buchanan Street. I expected a short acoustic set, but what we were treated to was a 35 minute electric set with a full band. He played most of my favourites Feel Like Myself Again, Good to Me, Tiny Spark and Spit it Out as well as a good few more.

He made a slight faux pas by complaining about ‘these English summers.’ Predictably that was met by boos and groans. He did look embarrassed and repeatedly offered his apologies. ‘I knew as soon as I said it…’

A cracking little show that makes up for me missing him when he played The Arches in April.

Later on in the evening I saw Amina at Mono. Amina are an all girl group from Iceland who are supporting Sigur Ros tonight. They also accompany them. They played plinky plonky instrumentals and haunting strings. I got quite into it by the end of their performance.










No comments: