Sunday 19 August 2007

Cloverfield

Apparently the trailer for the new JJ Abrams (creator of Lost) film is creating a wow in the States.

The film has no name, or plot, only a release date has been announced. Rumours are that it's going to be a monster movie 'America's Godzilla', which doesn't sound all that great. It features his best bud Greg Grunberg, who by now you should all be loving as Parkman in Heroes.

The official website.

Wikipedia page.

An article from today's Observer.

The trailer is below.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see from the Wikipedia page that the movie makers are using Viral Marketing to promote the film. I looked up viral marketing and it's a word of mouth method. They rely on folk like Tom to blog/chat about the film and let interest be generated that way. These folk are using you Tom. I think you should be asking for some of that Hollywood big coin, pal. ;-)

Tom said...

When you said you were commenting on my post I didn't realise that you were pointing out how I'd been duped.

I read the article in the Observer before I posted and realised that posting a blog is exactly what they want you to do. I'm sure it would still be a big film even without this campaign, I mean folk are still going to see Transformers right? Even although it has the words 'Michael Bay' attached to it.

What a campaign like this will do is set cinema-goers up for a big fall when it's not as good as they thought it was going to be.

The first film I can personally remember that was marketed to me through the internet was Fight Club.

I waited ages for those wee embedded trailers to download and I would visit the site practically daily to see what new stuff they had up. I won tickets through the website to go see it a month before it came out.