Monday 27 August 2007

In Demand Fizzy


Its fairly common knowledge that I am to good looks what pro wrestling is to genuine sporting endeavour, and that may well be why despite being married, I’ve never really experienced the heightened attraction that is supposed to come from being hitched and unavailable.

But I’m starting to get the picture from a different perspective.

As you may have read on this very blog, I recently managed to land a job, after about 12 weeks of fairly relentless trying.

During those weeks, I barely got a sniff at a job and managed two interviews in the entire time, and that includes the one for the job I'm about to embark upon.

Weirdly though, since accepting the position I have been phoned up and invited to no less than four interviews in the space of a week and offered one job.

I can’t help but think that if I needed the work, these folk wouldn’t be calling, that there is maybe some pheromone you exude when you’re no longer desperate for cash to pay the bills.

Who knows? All I know is that after weeks of being flung the deafy from what seems like every employer in the Western hemisphere, the chance to stick two fingers up to a few of them is predictably gratifying.

2 comments:

Squirmy Popple said...

Ah, that's always the way it goes, isn't it?

Fraser said...

It sure is Katie. Ah well, if only Thomas Cook or the Remaindered Book Depository had been quicker off the mark eh? Their loss. :)