Sunday 27 April 2008

In Bruges

Over the weekend I went to see In Bruges at the pictures. Everything you've no doubt heard about it is strue. It is a very black comedy. Very funny and very violent in equal measure. The cast are all on top form. Brendan Gleeson is as reliable as ever as a seaseoned hitman. Colin Farrel is enjoyable as a fun-loving hitman with something dark in his past and Ralph Fiennes, although I thought at first that he was phoning in a cliche of a cockney gangster he actually delivers a really strong, funny and menacing villian. There were elements of the ending that were a wee bit too contrved for my liking, but that's a minor grumble for a very well made film worth going to see.

1 comment:

Squirmy Popple said...

I loved this film. I left the theatre speaking in a very strong (and very bad) Irish accent.