Wednesday 12 November 2008

Down the Wing

Talbot Clear a Pollok Attack
If you can't get enough of my patter here then you'll be delighted to know that there is another blog where you can read a lot more of it. Down the Wing is a football blog I've set up in order to document my attempts to attend 50 or more matches over the course of the 2008/09 season.

You'll read my reports on the games, which are geared far more to the patter of the fans and players than the nuts and bolts of football tactics. So far I'm up to 14 matches. This gives me a bit of an uphill battle to complete the 50 before the end of the season.

I have given myself very few rules to follow. I'm not trying to visit every league ground or anything like that. I'm taking in Junior, Amateur, Reserves and Ladies football matches as well as Scottish League games, European matches, friendlies and Internationals. Basically if there's a referee I can count it.

I've had a couple of offers of spare season tickets for the odd game and if anyone else wants to chuck that kind of action at me I'd be happy to take you up on it. If anyone has a suggestion for an obscure team to go and see I'd be happy to hear that too.

No comments: