Tuesday 4 November 2008

Like the Guy in China

With the US Election about to kick off here's a couple of election related funnies. Victoria Jackson used to be a cast member on Saturday Night Live. She had a nice line in dumb blondes. The reason, it turns out, is because she is one herself. The video on this link shows her on Bill O'Reilly's show as the Fox newsman attempts to drum up support for McCain. Even O'Reilly, a Grade A head-the-ball himself, seems a bit puzzled at her remarks. In the same 100 second video O'Reilly comments that Obama "...Seems to be a capitialist in the sense that he earns money and he buys things."

From a couple of weeks ago here's Larry David counting down the days.

"Five times a day I'll still say to someone, "I don't know what I'm going to do if McCain wins." Of course, the reality is I'm probably not going to do anything. What can I do? I'm not going to kill myself. If I didn't kill myself when I became impotent for two months in 1979, I'm certainly not going to do it if McCain and Palin are elected, even if it's by nefarious means."


Get your Obama Os here.

Here are a couple of slideshows of the election from Flickr. First Vote and then US Election.

If you're from the west of Scotland you'll probably know that former Talking Heads mainman David Byrne is originally from Dumbarton, as such he can't vote, so he's encouraging his fans to get down there and vote themselves.

The Guardian look at the top 25 moments from the campaign.

No comments: