Thursday 16 September 2004

Tally Fucking Ho

Anyone else enjoy watching those toffee nosed twats getting their faces panned in by the cops yesterday? I have to admit to a macabre sense of gratification.
What I love about it all of course is the irony.
I wonder if anyone else can remember the last time people were kicking around the streets with blood streaming from head wounds, complaining about having their livelihood taken from them. Yes, that’s right, Fizzy’s favourite subject, The Miners Strike. My community had to deal with the decimation of our working lives, when Thatcher decided Britain wasn’t going to actually make things anymore, and used the cash saved to give her pals big tax cuts.
Now it’s Hooray Henrys turn. So deal with it, like we had to. Re-train; get other jobs, like we had to.
I think it’s a bit rich to expect ordinary working people to sympathise with or support the very people who benefited from our last little bout of martial law.
I didn’t see anyone in tweed plus fours saying no to tax cuts or on a picket line when Thatcher and her cronies were raping our public services and stealing the dignity of the working classes.
And let’s not forget that all this trouble is down to the elected Government of the day deciding (with a huge majority) that riding around on a horse tooting a horn while you chase and kill a defenceless animal isn’t on. That’s all. It’s hardly shutting a shipyard.
So take your licks and shut it plummy, it’s simply your turn. As far as I’m concerned it’s only fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Set the dogs on them, I say!