Wednesday 30 November 2005

It Gets a Little Bluu


My friend Charlotte made her first steps into stand-up comedy last night at Bluu in the Trongate. I had every confidence that she’d be funny and of course I wasn’t wrong.

As it was the culmination of a stand-up comedy workshop all the acts were doing it for the first time. Charlotte was on last and was easily the funniest act of the night.

Her impressive breast size was the obvious place to start her routine and the problems they cause her with dating, doctors and sitting at the traffic lights.

If she wants to carry on with this comedy lark, I have no doubts she’ll be quite successful.

As for the others, I had been holding out for some mental cases, cos there usually are at these things, but alas there were none. Even the guy whose face looked like a Groucho Marx mask and the girl who decked herself out in green with pink ribbons all about her, even they were sane.

No comments: