Tuesday 12 September 2006

I Agree With Patton

Over on Patton Oswalt’s blog he’s encouraging his readers to watch season 4 of The Wire. Now here we can’t do that, cos it’s not on. And even when it will be on it’ll be on an obscure cable channel.

But you can buy seasons one and two on DVD. Or borrow them from some generous soul you know. Then not watch them.

But anyway Patton says, “I’m flat-out begging you, all of you, to watch this season. PLEASE. In fact, even if you DON’T watch it, could you tune your TV to HBO at 10pm Sunday night? Just for an hour? Just to give this show the ratings?

Yes, I’m asking you to do this for selfish reasons. I want to see season 5. And I promise you, if you go back and watch the first three seasons (only 13 episodes each!) you’ll want this to go five seasons.”


Apparently season 5 depends on this season getting good ratings. It’s an awesome show, it’s original premise, was like Patton talks about, to be a novel on television.

I can’t wait for season 5 to start here.

"I’ll say this: The Wire is one of the few times you’ll watch TV and not feel like the people making TV think you’re a fucking idiot."

No comments: