Friday 8 September 2006

Miami Twice

Finally I saw Miami Vice last night. I’d been intending to go for about 6 weeks. I thought it was good, but probably not as good as it could have been.

The relationship with Crockett and Tubbs was never built through the film, it was just there. Unlike the TV show there was also no moments of tension between the two of them. They were pretty much best pals all the way through it.

There were also too many sexy bits for my liking. It was very dark, which I expected, and there were no moments of comic relief in it.

I really think more could have been done with it. When it was good it was excellent though. It’s very violent in parts, which was entertaining, but on the whole I think it’s a missed opportunity.

I had my reservations about Colin Farrell as Crockett, but for the most part he was pretty good. To be honest I didn’t think Jamie Foxx really got going as Tubbs. It was nice to see Domenick Lombardozzi, ‘Herc’ from The Wire in a very similar role here.

I watched the original TV pilot when I got home and thoroughly enjoyed that.

No comments: