Friday 15 September 2006

This Better be Good Mr. De Palma

So the time has come finally for The Black Dahlia’s cinema release. As I documented here some time ago (I can’t be bothered looking for the post) I have little faith in Brian De Palma delivering a film anywhere near as good as the book.

However, Aaron Eckhart is not only perfect casting, he’s a guy I’ve been suggesting for that role since In the Company of Men. I’m less enthused about Josh Hartnett. Although Scarlett Johansson seems like another good choice from the casting director.

I have to say, from the trailer, I fancy Hilary Swank something rotten.

So I’m looking forward to seeing it this weekend, though I’m slightly apprehensive, as to what sub-Hitchcockian direction De Palma has taken it in.

There will be a full Tom review come Monday.

No comments: