Tuesday 24 April 2007

The Election Race Hots Up

When I was chucking away the Sunday Herald yesterday I noticed this pamphlet fall out of it. It was for the SNP and listed a lot of the pish they intend to do if, heaven forbid, they get elected to power. I then realised that it folded out into a poster. A fucking poster! Of Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon!

Who the fuck do they think is sticking this on their wall? Maybe if there was some sort of pop star cull or mass tour bus crash, then maybe kids would be forced to stick posters of gormless politicians on their walls, but really come on.

And speaking of the election I noticed this doctored banner below on Woodlands Road.

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Imagine - a poster of some politicians up on your wall - what a scary thought. At least Nicola Sturgeon is trying to look cheery, while Alex Salmond has given up. What kind of sad people do they think we are that we would want a poster of them on our walls.

Also - I liked the soLIdARity picture - Excellent. I still haven't got a clue who to vote for though. Sadly I beleive them all to be liars so choosing the least damaging liar will be difficult.

Fraser said...

I got a leaflet through the door from the Scottish Christian Alliance or whatever they are called.

Very funny.

They seem to be anti-nuclear environmentalists who hate gays, a underrepresented strand of the hippy movement I'm sure you'll all agree.

I'm leaning towards voting SNP, largely because I'm keen to see just how massively they will cock things up.

Anonymous said...

I just got the Anti Gay Party (Scottish Christian Party) leaflet today what a hoot the cartoon is great : p

Makes out that the Green Party serves the gay community WTF!

Anyway I have to agree with you there Fraser I am SNP all the way its got to be them just for the sheer comedy vote : )Besides I wouldn't mind saying goodbye to my student loan bastards took £65 quid off me this month :(

Unknown said...

The SCP leaflet would be funny if it weren't so scary: "homosexual practices are an abomination" etc.

Oh, and I love that poster. In a kinda ironic, i'd-never-vote-SNP-if-my-life-depended-on-it kinda way...