Thursday 26 April 2007

I Tried to Stop it

When I left the house this morning I realised I was very early for my usual bus but probably too late for the 8.02 bus. However when I walked up the hill and saw it cross at the lights I thought I would make a run for it.

Nine times out of ten the bus moves off before or as I get to it, whether the driver has seen me or not, but I thought I’d give it a go anyway.

As I got closer to it I realised that a man who had just got off it was trying to get the driver to stop for me. To no avail it turned out as the bus drove off while I was still about 20 feet away.

I waved at the guy, who was roughly in his mid 50s, and said ‘Thanks anyway’.

The guy then walked straight toward me saying “I tried tae stoap it fur ye.” It was at this point that I realised he was out his tits on drink.

“Yeah, thanks,” I said.

“I tried tae stoap it fur ye,” he repeated still walking straight for me.

“I know I saw you,” I replied somewhat irritated now.

“It didnae stoap. I tried tae stop it fur ye.” He said as I manoeuvred out of his way.

I think I know why it didn’t stop.

8.04am. Out his breeks on swally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great story

"I think I know why it didn’t stop."

- that line cracked me up! :-)