Tuesday 17 August 2004

Who's The Wanker In The Black?

Well, Scotsport didn't disappoint last night did it?
Another fine example of how to fill a football show with stuff other than football.
Archie McPherson still sees to be in the huff, but well done to Bill Leckie for trying to wear on of those fashionable streaked mullets, despite being about 60.
No whistle run down this week but we did manage a jaw droppingly awful mascot race, narrated in "hilarious" fashion by that Julian tit, who's only function on the show seems to be to make Jim Delahunt look less of a dribbling goon.
Someone wants to tell that guy he's not funny before he makes a fool of himself. Opps, too late.
And then there's that mad wee lassie they've brought in. Her idea not to wear a bra? Probably not, but any sexual charge I got from her permanently protruding nipples was fully counteracted by her habit of smiling insanely even while talking, as if she'd fallen victim to The Joker or some kind of palsy.
Best of all though was Jim himself, who was wearing a black referee style shirt with what appeared to be a large square of old curtain sewn onto it. Having been reminded never to dress in the dark, it occurred to me that there's nothing like an aging old tool trying to be fashionable.
And of course, still hardly any football, but at least this week it wasn't treated as incidental to the banal chatter about Alex Rae's European ban, which Rangers fans described as "harsh" and Celtic fans described as "fair".
Stirring, controversial stuff.

6 comments:

Tom said...

My views are much the same as Fizz's. I too wondered why Bill Leckie had a 20 year old's haircut and what the fuck Jim Delahunt was wearing. I also puzzled over why that lasss wasn't wearing a bra (though I think I know why) and who came up with the idea of having two people who struggle to speak English present the show.

Other curios from the show was why Dado Prso's name was pronounced in 3 different ways. My favourite incidentally was Pre-Show. Even although they wasted a segment of the programme filming a Mascot's Race, they still couldn't get that right and had their cameras going all over the place bar the track.

As for the football itself, just under 22 minutes, from a 60 minute show. That's under 4 minutes per game. The mad, frantic cutting of each match made it practically unwatchable. I dunno if it was just to dispense with the sport in order to get back to clowns talking rubbish or it was to satisfy some minimum coverage less they had to shell out another few quid.

I wouldn't mind so much, if they weren't so smug and self-satisfied. Kind of like a newly potty-trained child.

Anonymous said...

Listen, far be it from me to play the feminist card but don't tell us when to wear bras. We don't really care if you look at our tits; I personally quite like looking at the odd set myself, just be aware that bras are hellish creations and there are many reasons not to wear one. Feel free to take the piss out of her smile or football chat but in all fairness, leave the lass' nips out of it.

Fraser said...

Sort of missed my point there Anonymous – I wasn’t telling anyone to wear a bra (and would never dream of doing such a thing).
I was merely suggesting the no bra thing was maybe her employers idea to keep the lads watching during the yawning gaps with no football.
What I was trying to do was point out that she was being exploited or allowing herself to be exploited and being presented as a bit of tot for the lads.
You may not find that offensive, but I do a bit. I would prefer a woman (or anyone) on a football show to know about/like football, like Gabby Logan for example, not just be there to get me a semi while I’m wondering when the nano-seconds of football coverage is coming back on.
Bras have denied me many a time and I’m no big fan of them myself but I was merely pointing out the “topless darts” element of the show to re-enforce my point that it is crass rubbish. That I can’t stop watching.
And I’ll feel free to take the piss out of pretty much anything, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Okay I really should watch this show to fully appreciate it, I admit that. I was just saying that women don't just refuse to wear a bra for the obvious sexual reasons - they are the single most uncomfortable piece of clothing invented. I was merely pointing out that her lack of football commentary, inane smile and the rest of the circus around her seem to be enough of a reason to discredit this show.

Of course, 'pish, you are entitled to take the piss out of anything you like, anytime you like, I wouldn't dream of impeding opinions on any matter.

Fraser said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fraser said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.