Tuesday 16 August 2005

The First (Bus) Rule of Fight Club

The main reason I was late for work this morning was because during the driver’s second five minute break in order to read his paper, one of the other passengers decided to threaten him in a bid to get him to start the bus moving.

"Whit the fuck are you daein? Get this bus moving!"
"I'm ahead of schedule."
"Fucking get this bus started!"

This reached its crescendo when the guy slammed the driver’s cab door off the driver’s head.

“You’ve just hit me on the head with the door! There wis nae need fur that!”
“Fucking get this bus moving!”
“Watch your language.”
“Just move the bus.”
“You’ll be going off.”
“I’m late for work now!”
“Well I’m on schedule!”

And so on for a few minutes while another bus passed us. The driver then steadfastly refused to drive off cos then of course he would have looked like a pussy. Is there no end to the First Bus Fight Club?

No comments: