Sunday 18 December 2005

Kong

Hello 'Pish readership (Tommy and Nicola and occasionally Ronnie) you may have noticed that I've been away for a few days having been laid low by illness. Well I'm back, I'll do a post about what I've been up to later, but for now I thought I'd provide a quick review of the latest blockbuster.

I saw King Kong at the weekend. There's not an awful lot to say about it. It's probably too long I can say that about it. It ticks all the right boxes, although at some points the special effects take over and it's just like watching someone play a computer game.

The climactic scene was worth it though, Jackson did everything right with it, keeping the story in the original time period and making sure the last scene was shot in daylight to make the most of the special effects.

The real life live cast are all quite good. You can't argue with Naomi Watts for three hours. If you go to see it I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

No comments: