Monday 27 February 2006

Building Site Glue

So, another triumph of a sort for YOMG on Friday night. The various tensions and communication problems that go on when you’re about to perform in what is, let’s face it, a building site were a new hurdle for us all to clamber over.

And clamber we did. Dusty, cold and confused.

We had to kick off late, decided not to charge an admission and trimmed the show back to a one act of about 50 minutes. Due to the lack of changing room facilities we all had to sit at a table in front of the stage during the show.

This didn’t seem to ruin the magic for our audience. We were well received, even if the crowd was initially slow to get into it. A few people even went out of their way to congratulate us, one woman telling me that we should have charged people in.

Oddly I quite enjoyed it on stage, even although I was almost blinded by the two spotlights pointing up from the floor.

It wasn’t the best situation for Alison to be making her Glue debut in, but she adapted well, as did everyone. Chris did his usual sterling job on sound, despite us chopping a load of sketches just before showtime.

I perhaps most enjoyed the post show celebrations at the 13th Note. It never failed to get old when Grant Cadger met my every offer of a drink with the words “Aye, get me a Moet”.

I’ll stick some photographs up when I can get a USB cable. If only Tommy had his video camera. He could have made a great behind the laughter documentary.

No comments: