Tuesday 4 September 2007

Writers Getting Superbad

Here's an interview with Knocked Up star Seth Rogan and his writing partner Evan Goldberg, talking about the upcoming 'best fucking movie ever' Superbad.

Evan Goldberg: Growing up we were both influenced primarily by Calvin and Hobbs.

Seth Rogen: Yeah, that was probably the first funny thing I ever read when I was like eight.

Evan Goldberg: It was just the in-your-face sarcasm. I'd never experienced anything like that.

Seth Rogen: I went back and read it recently, and it's like he's the most cynical kid in the entire universe. Rereading it again I realized, “Wow, this is where I drew my entire sense of humor.” And then The Simpsons was as influential as anything could get humor-wise. It's been around almost our entire lives.

No comments: