Monday 22 November 2004

Ha Ha Hamilton

Last night we were both in Hamilton at Bar Strada for another gig. When I stepped out into the wind and rain, I did wonder 'what's the point?' and when we got to the gig, that was reinforced as even though we arrived about 8 there was only a handful of punters. However a few more folk arrived, though the two of us still thought it was going to descend into chaos as there appeared to be a bit of a drunken rabble going on.

It turned out though to be a really good gig. Although there were only about 20 folk in the crowd they gave us a good reception, I enjoyed my spot. My stuff went down well and although I could have performed better I was pretty happy with it. Fizz went on after me and he too went over well.

The evening was headlined by Vladimir McTavish, who was pretty funny and very complimentary of both of us.

The real star of the show though was Frankie, a guy who was asleep at the bar when the show started. Every act including myself indulged in some sort of banter with him.

No comments: