Monday 15 November 2004

The Laughter Returns

As some of you will know, both Fizz and I made our stand-up comedy comebacks on Saturday night at O'Neills. Appearing on the bill together for the first time, we had the dual roles of performing and organising the gig. Without a compere until 8.30, when Simon McKinney was drafted in at short notice, we also had an unexpected arrival in Bill Bruce, who we managed to squeeze in as well. We also had our headline act Des Clarke replaced late on by Gary Little.

As for us two, Fizzy's nervously anticpated comeback went off with a bang. Despite the fact that he was confused as to when he was going on, he rose to his name being called with great aplomb. His stuff old and new went down a storm.

For my part I thought I performed poorly, although I did still get the laughs.

Cheers to those who turned up to support us, Ronnie & Claire, Iain, Grant, Tommy, Cathy, Johnny & Pauline, Jon, Gregor and Jason & Lindsay.

No comments: