Friday 15 December 2006

Christmas Radio Plays

I almost forgot, I’m doing the Christmas Radio Plays at the Ramshorn Theatre this week. It opened to a full house last night. The performance features Miracle on 34th Street and It’s a Wonderful Life.

I’m only in Miracle on 34th Street. I have about half a dozen parts, all in different American accents. I’m not sure I can really do one convincing American accent, much less six.

I think I stumbled over the part of the Judge last night, making him sound like he had gone to Eaton instead of Harvard at various points.

The one thing I was most concerned with last night was my mix and match appearance. While everyone else wore good suits, I chose not to cart mine into work with me, so opted for the jacket I wore during Beyond Therapy from the costume department, along with dark trousers and trainers. I have at least brought shoes with me tonight.

The show is sold out tonight and runs until Saturday with BBC’s Radio Café programme coming to record it on the last night.

The two of them in the photo are in it as well.

No comments: