Wednesday 6 December 2006

More Glue at The Stand

It was an odd experience for me playing The Stand with You Owe Me Glue last night, because I had nothing more than a cameo role in our four sketches. I could only have been on stage for about 3 minutes and I think I had only three lines.

In fact I managed to go out into the audience to stand with YOMG’s Biggest Fan to watch a bit of a sketch.

It was a tough crowd but I think it’s fair to say that we won them over. It was a bit of a one man band with Fraser taking centre stage for every sketch.

I’ll let our No. 1 Fan add her comments.

3 comments:

Neecowa said...

I'm surprised you thought they were a tough crowd. Perhaps you're referring to the crowd reaction to your predecessor from Kent. He was Shameful. I know that you have to be supportive to 'new talent' but sometimes at Raw, I feel like that some of these guys need help rather than a microphone.

The crowd, in contrast, laughed at all four of your sketches. Some of them actually chanted along with Fraser (Hoooooooooo-ly Bible). Fight Night on the 40 got laughs from the get-go (most of the audience obviously having encountered Glasgow bams on a bus).

Yes, Tom, you were in essence a bit part in the Fraser Campbell Show. But what bit parts! Who doesn't want to play a baddy? And you get to play the best baddy of them all. You can't get badder than Judas.

Fraser said...

Tom, I feel you have been very understated in your post. We totally rocked. That room was ice cold when we came on and within 10 minutes there were laughs, cheers and atmosphere. It's a rare skill we don't give ourselves enough credit for.

Anonymous said...

You should have stayed on stage longer and spared us from having to sit through some of those other acts.

Don't worry - you'll be famous soon!