Friday 15 December 2006

A Glesca Bus Driver Writes

I got this from the comments on This Place is Dead, it’s pretty amusing. One of Glasgow’s whinging bus drivers has got a blog, full of stories about how passengers are going out of their way to bam him up.

'At the Clydebank terminus I was busy rummaging through a muppet's hand bag which had been left on the bus when a drunken chuffer wearing a white T-shirt banged on the door.

"When you leavin', big man?"

"A couple of minutes," I said and printed his ticket.

"Cheers, mucker! I'm not pissed, by the way," he said and sat down.

I'm not Columbo but I would have to say that the smell of stale beer that clung to his every word did not corroborate this. Just as long as he kept his mouth shut I could get back to my hand bag rummaging. I intended giving the bag in to the depot but I just wanted a sneaky peeky before I did.'

1 comment:

Fraser said...

Am I mental or does this guy come across as some greetin' faced tossbag who think he's doing the world a favour by driving a bus? Surely First wouldn't hire such a person?

You're talking about the kind of guy who would be dense enough to write about an incident at his work where he invaded a customer's privacy with obvious intent to steal.

This does not reflect the awesome standard of service I see every day on First.