Sunday 11 September 2005

Arcade Fire in at 19

You may recall my post from 11 months ago when I raved about Arcade Fire (or indeed several posts subsequently). Radio 1 have just about caught up and now, even although I pay scant attention to the charts, I notice that they have crashed the Top 20.

Latest single Rebellion (lies) has entered the charts at number 19. I heartily recommend you picking up the DVD single which is going for about 2 to 3 quid. It gives you a great idea of what a fantastic band they are live.

Tommy hailed them as the best band he saw at the Leeds Festival the other week and if I had only found out about their Franz Ferdinand support slot before the tickets had sold out I would have happily paid 30 quid just to see them again.

The photos below are screenshots from the DVD.







No comments: