Thursday 8 September 2005

It Has Caught On!



On June 30th, I posted this review on indie music site Diskant:

“THE MITFORD GIRLS - The Mitford Girls (Demo)

This is a fun collection of three really good songs (Binary Boy, Pills to Paris and my favorite, Angry Raisins) by the Glasgow based band, who appear to have developed a distinctive sound without pulling away totally from Glastronica (my swiftly made up name for the many Glasgow bands who blend electronics with other instruments and, dare I say it, tend to sound vaguely the same in doing so).

I won't lie, this kind of stuff is generally not my cup of tea. But the songs on this self-produced 3 tracker are all well conceived and executed with amusing, intelligent lyrics.

If you like your Glastronica (it'll catch on, I'm telling you) tongue in cheek and frankly a cut above the norm, check them out.

You can find out where they're playing next and what their plans are here.


I’ve just been told that the afore-mentioned Mitford Girls have a bit in The List describing them as guess what? Glastronica.

Stick with us here at Pish for more new words and trendsetting…

No comments: