Monday 19 September 2005

Fantasy Round- Up

Despite promising myself that I’d enter just the one this year, I find myself embroiled in no less than 3 fantasy football leagues.

After my treble triumph last year, “the pressure is on” to maintain my record of having never lost a fantasy league.

Currently, I’m 8th in the Herald League at work, well in touch with the leaders.

In the improved Champions League game Tom found we are both languishing near the bottom, after one full round of matches. Still a lot of football to be played there.

The one that really matters though, is the Cheerybananaship, which is shaping up nicely.

In this game your combined knowledge of the English, Spanish, German and Italian leagues is stretched and as a bit of a football buff, I find this one the most fun to play, with the thrills spills and vagaries of not one but four top class leagues deciding the fate of your chosen 11. With all four leagues in full swing now, the points are beginning to go on the board.

In the lead are FC Ballsack with a tasty 193 points; a healthy 19 delivered by Inter striker Adriano.

In second place are my own Big Fanny Failures on 177. Man United defender Mikael Silvestre is my main man so far.

Big performances from usual suspects John Terry and Frank Lampard see The Confederates in third place.

Just behind are Tom’s Habitual Line Steppers who have pulled in a massive 45 points via Chelsea keeper Peter Cech.

In 5th lie Tommy’s Skalcoholic Astros, with Edwin Van Der Sar and the ever popular Frank Lampard scoring well. A couple of changes required for Tommy though as he seems to have a couple of players no longer eligible for the game in his squad.

Three points separate sixth from fourth and it’s 6th place for the moment for John’s Celtic FC.

Glazed Ham United lead the chasing pack in 7th, having scored well with the now injured Asier Del Horno.

It’s a three pronged attack for Venceremos! in 8th, who have Munich’s Michael Ballack at the heart of things.

It’s been a slow start for the David Hasslehoff Fan Club who languish in 9th on 94 points.

And propping up the table is Ronnie’s Dinamo Explosivo on a very disappointing 69 points.

Is Ronnie adrift and out of it already? Only time will tell…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, my team needs a bit of attention. Both my strikers have picked up injuries and now three of my players seem to have found themselves on the dole. It really needs more than one transfer per month to sort out the mess. Unfortunately, I don't care enough about it to spend real money on it to get more transfers. Sorry. I'm probably bringing shame on seasoned fantasy footy managers like yourself.

T

Fraser said...

No, not really T, You manage the team any way you like.

I think what has happened to your players is that they have moved to clubs outwith the 4 leagues we have to pick from. This happened to me last year when Saviola moved from Barcelona to Monaco for a year long loan. There should be at least 2 free transfers a month imo.