Tuesday 7 November 2006

Scott Pilgrim


Can I just reiterate my love for Bryan Lee O'Malley’s Scott Pilgrim comics?

I’ve just finished the third book in the series and it’s a real breath of fresh air.

Although he refutes the “pioneer” tag, O'Malley is a veteran of comics created distinctly for the internet and there’s plenty of stuff first published for the web on his site.

I think comics on the web is a great thing in as much as it offers unpublished cartoonists and writers the chance to publish and publicise their talents, but, being and old fuddy-duddy, I still like to feel an actual book in my hand and struggle with reading comics off a computer screen for any length of time.

O'Malley apparently has a bunch of friends and collaborators including Josh Lesnik, Alex Ahad, Andy Helms, John Allison and David McGuire, all of whom use the web to spread good comic craziness.

Hopefully, Talking Pish good buddy One Neck and I can come up with the collaboration comic we’ve been talking about for ages and we can snag a ride on the web comic bandwagon too.

No comments: