Tuesday 11 May 2004

From Here To Eternity?

Vanora, my good lady wife has been on at me recently to buy her an eternity ring.
Now I could dismiss this as yet another female ploy to squeeze me for a wee bit more jewellery, but the fact is like most guys, I'll probably just do as I'm told and buy her one.
But hang on. I've already agreed to "'til death do us part", now she wants to up the stakes? It's eternity now?
I have already attained the shabby "what's the point?" look of a man who knows he can't ever shag another woman here on earth and I've pretty much accepted that my life is over and I'll be slam dunking the same hoop 'til I cark it but now the sneaky cow is trying to stop me from getting a handjob off Anne of Cleves in the hereafter? It's not on.
I say "no!" to the eternity ring, unless of course she threatens to withold sex, in which case I will be straight down to The Ringmaster.

No comments: