Monday 10 May 2004

Metal

I have a few questions about heavy metal . I love it, but there are a couple of things I wonder about.

Eg: A lot of heavy metal lyrics seem to be about the singer getting annoyed about having his time wasted. You know, "hey baby don't waste my time", all that sort of thing. Why are rockers so concerned about time management ?
Really, how precious are we to assume a heavy metal singer's time is? All he really has to do is rock, bone chicks and pick weevils from his pelt, what's the big problem?

Remember when heavy metal singers went through that mad phase in the eighties when they all got mullets and started cutting about in trenchcoats? It was mostly the soft/sport metal bands like Great White , Dokken and FM who did this, but it spread throughout metal like idiotic wildfire. What look were they going for? Who was the first to decide that they were going to invent a look combining Billy Ray Cyrus, Sam Spade and a ladies aerobics class ?
I bet loads of kids like me left several gigs in the eighties with the vauge feeling that what they'd witnessed had been partly to do with some sort of hillbilly crimefighter investigating murders in a ladies gym.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, totally agree with what your saying.On a totally diffiren track..whats your favourite episode of "Quantum Leap"?
I have to say the infamous episode 97-Mirror Images.Set on August 8,1953 it finds Sam leaping into a not-so-ordinary bar in a coal-mining town, where strange things are happening and familiar people dont know him!With the help of "another Al",he still has something to set right..or is there more than one thing he needs to change?
This was the final episode and a real head-scratcher, but worth checking out for Quantum Leap fans and TV fans in general.

What do Tom and Fuzzy think though?Over to you!

Phil

Anonymous said...

I hated that episode,Phil!
I preferred 95.The Leap Between The States or 92.Revenge Of The Evil Leaper, which featured the evil Alia.

Jack Sionneville

Fraser said...

My favorite "leap" is "Leap into Danger", the one where Jack or whatever his name is leaps into an aids riddled African boy, who's dream is to dance at the fertility ritural, but can't because of his crappy legs. That's also the one where Al's wife leaves him for a glitch and he ends up in a corner tossing off muttering about how he'll never be "a proper man". Classic stuff.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Fuzz,Ive checked the Quantum Leap episode guide and I cant find any mention of that episode.My uncle said that you were probably being facetious about Quantum Leap.I hope you werent as I always enjoy your and Tims comments.

I suggest you look at the ep.guide.Im not sure of the URL but if you type Quentum Leap Episode guide into Google you should find it.