Monday 13 December 2004

Football, Cold and It's A Wonderful Life

On Saturday I went to the Rangers - Dundee game. I got a free ticket. Nice to get to a game again, even if it isn't my favourite crowd of folk to sit in, though the sectarian chanting wasn't all that bad. As for the match it was all over as a contest in the 4th minute when Rangers went 2-0 up.

I'm currently suffering from a miserable cold, that wasn't helped by going to the football on Saturday afternoon certainly.

In other news, I'm about to do a wee bit of acting next week. I've joined The Radio Theatre Group for their Christmas productions of It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol. My part isn't all that big. I get to juggle five roles in It's A Wonderful Life. Having looked over the script I see that this involves me having a couple of conversations with myself. I'm confident that I can go The Hank Azaria School of Voice Acting and pull it off.

7 comments:

Tom said...

If you're hoping for a night at the theatre Ron, I have to disappoint. The plays (they're also doing A Christmas Carol) are on in the backroom of Laurie's on King Street on Wednesday the 22nd of December at 7.30.

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, Zippy and George were both done by the same guy and not with any of your fancy schmancy digital effects - in actual real time. You'll be grand. For tips, watch the episode of Frasier called Ham Radio. Very Apt. Thought any more about hiring a lawyer? Mama needs some new shoes.

Fraser said...

I really don't like the idea of Zippy and George being "done by the same guy". That can't be right, surely.
Oh aye, and if there are any lawyers out there who would be happy to be paid in shoes and old ones at that, then please, don't hesitate to call.

Tom said...

Leaving Zippy and George along for a minute and going back to the original point I've just been informed that the capacity in Laurie's will be about 40. So, if you really want to go, and will turn up, let me know, so you can be reserved. Graham Hosie is of course barred.

Tom said...

The date is in my original comment, it's still Wednesday the 22nd of December at 7.30 in the evening.

Anonymous said...

I may come along and take the spot that Graham would never have turned up for anyway.

T

Tom said...

If you want to join Ron and T I don't see why you cannae, but you would have to go since I would be reserving space for you. So once again Ho if you make a promis you'd need to keep it this time.