Thursday 13 October 2005

The Bergkamp Position


We’re having a Scotland v England jolly at work soon, travelling down to Carlisle to play a team made up of staff from our Lancaster office.

Attendant in the arrangements for the match of course has been a good deal of banter and ribbing about who’s going to hump who etc, etc. We are pretty rubbish though, so I doubt we even have a remote chance of winning.

I was on the bench last night for a bounce game, arranged to see who could cut it in the team but am pleased to report that I have apparently “secured my position” in the Bergkamp role (just in behind the two strikers) after a solid 40 odd minutes in the game.

Not bad for the oldest, and almost the fattest member of the squad, considering I obviously had to play my way into the “management team’s” plans.

Funnily enough, I am the same age as Denis Bergkamp, who is still playing well for Arsenal. Until they see me that is of course…

No comments: