Sunday 23 October 2005

Dandys Rule OK?

I'm just back in from seeing The Dandy Warhols at the Carling Academy. They were really good. Although promoting their new album they also played the best stuff from Come Down and 13 Tales From Urban Bohemia.

It's the first time I've been at the Academy for a concert (I saw Paul Merton there in March) and it's certainly no Barras, but the sound was all right and I thought it was a reasonable venue.

The songs I enjoyed the most were the infamous Bohemian Like You and a cracking cover of The Stones' The Last Time. Lindsay, who had seen them the last time they played thought they were much better tonight, though Jo who also saw them then wasn't sure. They were pretty solid though and as Courtney Taylor himself said played 'hit after hit'.

My only disappiontment was that keyboard player Zia McCabe didn't do this. She did however swap a fan her harmonica for his lion rampant flag.

No comments: