Thursday 20 October 2005

Time to move on?


You know how sometimes you act without thinking? I do it often, mostly to my detriment. You always hear people who have performed heroics saying stuff like: “Well, I’m not really a hero, I just acted without thinking, instinct kick it de blah blah…”,

Just a couple of minute ago at work I opened up a task I was supposed to do. So horrified was I by the prospect of having to do something so mind numbingly dull, I briefly considered cleaning a dirty spoon I have lying on my desk.

By the time I had told myself “Don’t be daft, you’re not skiving off so you can clean a spoon!!” I had instinctively shut down my computer, presumably so that the spoon cleaning I had briefly considered could commence in earnest. That's instinct for you. It’s getting to the point where ANYTHING seems better than my job. Ugh.

No comments: