Saturday 22 October 2005

The Wire Season Two

After I got back from the cinema last night I finished off the second series of The Wire. Season 2 has not been a disappointment. It picks up with most of the same characters from the first season, but adds a whole lot more. It brilliantly handled mutliple storylines and characters throughout the 12 hour long episodes.

There were plenty of little twists and turns and a good few surprises all through the season. The cast especially Dominic West, Chris Bauer, Clarke Peters and Michael K. Willaims were superb.

It's a much more studied show than something like The Shield. The fact that a lot of the crimefighting comes from survelliance and wire taps means that there's a lot less busting down doors and pinning suspects to walls, though there's a little bit of that as well.

I totally reccomend it to anyone who enjoys their American drama. I'm now counting the days for the release of season 3 on DVD. To tide me over in the meantime I may content myself with creator David Simon's earlier series on drug dealing The Corner.

No comments: