Friday 18 June 2004

Every One of You is Fired

One of our commenters reminded me of something I wanted to post. You may have heard on the news that the entire chorus of La Boheme at the Festival Theatre in Edinburgh were fired ten minutes before they were due on stage last night. I've worked for some pish people, but that takes some nerve. When questioned as to the timing they replied "There's never a good time to fire anyone." But there are bad times, eh?

Maybe go and see Moulin Rouge director Baz Luhrmann's Broadway version instead.

Ben Folds - Fired

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks 'Pish, that totally saved me a trip out in the rain tonight. I had no idea. Pity, because I was actually looking forward to a foray into opera. And yeah, piss poor timing to get fired. Oh well, I don't think I'll have time to nip over to Broadway this weekend; I'll maybe wait until something else comes to Edinburra. Thanks again. Oh and thanks for the link of the story of La Boheme.

Tom said...

They are still doing the show though. It's still on. After being fired they had to go out and perform. That was why it was such pish timing.

Tom said...

I have just tried it and there you go it works. Thanks for that Ronald.