Tuesday 22 June 2004

I Would, But I Can't Lob It That Far...

Well, you have to say well done England after last nights 4-2 defeat of Croatia I suppose.
An interesting performance which simultaneously showed why they can and can't win the tournament. In Wayne Rooney, they have the most potent attacker in the competition - no-one has looked remotely like being able to handle him so far. Thank the Lord then for the England defence, who's shockingly amateurish defending from set pieces cost them two needless goals and could have dropped more against a frankly average Croatia side.
I'm just praying that in the final reckoning, it's the calamitous form of England keeper David James that really counts and not that of the new boy wonder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya Beauty.

I think your female readers will join me in lambasting the good looks of newcomer Wayne Rooney. What a stunner, in much the same league as our own nedtastic Barry Ferguson. And what with Beckham's bad bad hair, what on earth is the English squad coming to? No MacManaman (always a favourite of mine) and no Le Saux, there's no point even watching. Well done England my arse, until they start producing beatific visions like the Italians, who cares whether they win or lose.