Tuesday 14 March 2006

Hotting up in the Fantasy Leagues


Things are getting interesting in the various Fantasy Leagues Tom and I are involved in, especially the Cheerybananaship, where Tom lies a mere 9 points behind my Big Fanny Failures side. Ronnie’s brother sits a further 7 points back in what looks to be a 3 horse race.

In the Iomart Championship, which Tom’s not involved in I have jumped from 10th to 5th in 2 weeks, thanks mainly to the resurgent form of Tierry Henry.

I’m still a little of the pace at the very top, but my colleague Innes, who lies 17 points ahead in 2nd place, will feel his bum twitching a little after I pipped him to the title on the last day of last season. Who knows, maybe I have timed my surge just right?

As for European honours, It’s looking good for me there too. With only 3 players left in it after practically no-one took account of the rather odd UEFA rules, a good first round of knockout matches sees me with a healthy lead. Tom lies in third place behind recently departed colleague John Kennedy. But this is an odd league, with quite an unusual and fun system of scoring, so it could easily all change next round. Plus you have to “spend” points replacing players who have been eliminated, which constitutes about half my team, so you never know.

Will I pull off a remarkable treble to go with my two doubles in recent years? Or will Tom swoop in and claim a title as he’s been threatening to do all season?

Time and no doubt one of the two of us, will tell.

2 comments:

Kick In The Eye said...

2nd Place in the UEFA league, nice one! I'm gonna win this thing.

Fraser said...

naw you urnae! :)