Wednesday 1 March 2006

"Isn't it Tragic When Boyish Guys go Gray"

Here's a quite exhaustive transcript of the recent Kids in the Hall show in LA. Here's a bit from one of the funnier ones.

Scott, waiting for a train, struck up a conversation with Dave.

"Don't I know you?"

Dave said he doesn't think so, no.

"Sure, haven't you been on TV?"
"Well, yes, I have."
"Sure, you're that guy! (giggling) I can tell by the way you reacted, that's exactly how that guy would react. You know, I always wondered what what would happen if I met you."
"Oh yeah, is this how you pictured it going?"
"No, not really. Say, is that your real hair, or is it a wig?"
"It's my hair."
"Gee, isn't it tragic when boyish guys go gray. What I mean to say is, congratulations on all your recent success."
"Well, thank you."
"I hope this doesn't offend you, but I always wanted to kill you. You see Mr. Foley, I always blamed you for NewsRadio getting canceled. But eventually, I realized, it wasn't your fault. It was Phil Hartman's fault for getting killed."
"What are you talking about?"
"Aren't you Dave Foley, deadpan master?"
"No."
"From the Kids in the Hall?"
"No, I've never heard of them. I'm Bob Curr."
"Bob Curr?"
"Bob Curr. The Westside Strangler?"
"I've never heard of you."
"Don't you get CNN?"
"Well sure, but-"
"I dispatched 18 young women with my silk scarf here. I've been on TV a lot."
"Well will you give me an autograph then?"
"Sure. Who should I make it out to?"
"Make it out to Raquel Welch. She's a close personal friend of mine." (Note: on Thursday night Scott said "Make it out to me").

Scott looks for the oncoming train, and apologizes.

"I'm sorry I mistook you for Dave Foley, but you really look a lot like him."
"Oh, it's no trouble, because I am Dave Foley motherfucker!"

As Dave said the last line he choked Scott with his scarf and dragged him off stage.

No comments: